Installing an HVAC system at home is something every property owner should prepare for. The homeowner should set aside time to have the installation carried out and a responsible person who can oversee the procedure if the homeowner is not available to do so.
Before the HVAC installation, the property owner should ask the HVAC or AC repair company a few questions that could help him plan out a successful and safe air conditioning installation. The property owner should also verify that the pull-out and dismantling of the older equipment are expected. Here are some of the questions to ask
Ask the HVAC Company about the following:
1. The exact time and schedule of the installation.
2. How much time will be needed to fully install the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, before it is operational?
3. Will the technicians need something from the property owner during the installation process, like any tool or supply?
4. The complete names of the HVAC technician team members who will carry out the installation procedure. This information is needed for security and verification purposes before the team gets to enter the house.
5. The contact information of the main point person from the team so that the property owner will know how to get in touch with them in case they are running late, or there is a sudden emergency, and the installation needs to be canceled.
Preparing for the HVAC installation process:
Before the arrival of the HVAC team, the homeowner should do the following:
1. Find AC Service company and give the team’s van space where they could park nearer the house so they can easily access the equipment and tools they will need.
2. Secure valuables, as well as essential and expensive decorations and furniture that might get in the way of the HVAC installation process. Valuables should be locked up in cabinets, drawers, or rooms where the team will not have access.
3. Make sure that the line is open for calls.
4. Cover up immovable furniture that may get dirty during the installation procedure.
5. Clear up the perimeter of the house, especially the area where the outer unit may be installed.
6. Clear the space inside the home where the HVAC technicians will work on.
Prepare the money or credit card to be used for paying for the procedure. Ask for the homeowner’s manual to be handed back to you. Get the original receipt, as well as a written copy of the warranty for the HVAC installation service.
Upon the arrival of the technicians, ask to see their company identification cards. Double-check their names against the list given by the company before their dispatch. If you need more information on how to find a central air conditioning installation contractor then read more here. Most companies are well rated, make sure you choose a company that is top rated in your area.